Far those new to Drizzle JDBC, it is a BSD-licensed JDBC driver for Drizzle and MySQL.
- DatabaseMetaData fix - return column_type instead of data_type, contains more information (by Stephane Giron)
- Detect if a blob is actually a CLOB by checking charset number (by Christian Peter)
- Connect with UTF-8 charset default (bug reported by Marc Isambart)
- Support for connection timeouts (by Marc Isambart) - add ?connectTimeout=X to have an X second connection timeout.
- Properly support TIME and BOOLEAN datatypes in Drizzle
- Move query timeout thread to the Connection class instead of having it in the statement class (duh) - now one extra thread per Connection instead of one per Statement. Is safe since only one statement can run in one connection at a time.
- Generally shape up UTF8 handling throughout the driver (by Marc Isambart and me).
- Update copyright headers, now includes the standard Simplified BSD license header.
- Add an AUTHORS file
Whats next?So, the general plan for the future is:
- Make the driver more modular - it should be possible for users to change the behavior of almost every aspect of the driver
- Support the optional javax.sql packages - XA handling etc. This will be built as a separate maven-published jar to keep size of the basic driver small
- Support the SQL escape syntax (never used it, but i guess it should be there...)